Monday, June 22, 2009

Fathers Day

I sat in
the
back row sweltering heat
while the lay minister
practiced on us
going on way to long to the menagerie
of home deprived hungrys
that waited for the
free meal
Pizza today I guess
nobody cared
to cook on Fathers Day
It might have gotten me down
since it has been a lifetime
without me having seen
the kids
but instead I watched as a
daughter
leaned toward her Father
toes tippying neck stretching and lips pursed at the ready
and he bent his head toward her and
at the second that the lips of those two generations
was about to make love affirming contact
Dad pulls away
She sets up again and again he pulls away
the sweet child postures pretending to be deeply hurt and
finally daddy leans in with a kiss
and she forgives it all

1 comment:

  1. Justin,

    You have some powerful poems with deep felt emotions. I see some real talent. Keep working at it.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I struggle with addiction and am just recently out of prison- I dislike most people and am bitter and self destructive. Yet somehow I have a good time. My first wife wanted to be an FBI agent when I met her in college, and the last one was a prostitute,the former gave me three great kids that I named Dakota, Skye and Willow, the latter a hell of a hard time. In the past I have been a busboy, a waiter, and a bartender. I have worked in nearly all construction trades including carpentry, brick laying, electrical, weilding, and plumbing. Once I had a job where I climbed tree's for a living. I fought Mixed Martial Arts when they still called it No Holds Barred, I have sold cars and was an editorial cartoonist. I am a failed actor, to lazy to try very hard, and lived with outlaw bikers in Northern California. I served as a medic in the army,and studied creative writing as well as radio tv. I cook a mean breakfast and like to sit and think sometimes all day. Did I say think or drink?