Tuesday, June 23, 2009

When We Are Rock Stars

i've a friend a respectable women

a good wife and mother

who lives in a bastion of knowledge and wealth

she is kind

of heart and deed

sometimes she comes to see me

AND WE LIVE

LIKE ROCK STARS

there is no limit to our decadence

we eat the richest deserts first then

dinner with heavy sauces of dairy and drippings

DRINKING WINE

from the bottle without wiping it's near

escape

down our chins

WE SCREW

with reckless abandon

committing unnatural acts in elevators of hotels

where we are not even guests

we drive to delta riverboats at three a.m.

and play blackjack and craps

I SHAKE DICE and

SHE BLOWS

on them making points the hard way

AND WE DANCE

early or late in clubs with pulsing music to loud to stand

still

AND WE DANCE ALONE

skin touching skin with no music at all

save what is in our hearts

and then after THE FINAL CURTAIN

we are ourselves again

the homemaker and the hobo

until the next time that

WE ARE ROCK STARS

1 comment:

  1. And to think I get excited about a nice plate of chips and vinegar.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I struggle with addiction and am just recently out of prison- I dislike most people and am bitter and self destructive. Yet somehow I have a good time. My first wife wanted to be an FBI agent when I met her in college, and the last one was a prostitute,the former gave me three great kids that I named Dakota, Skye and Willow, the latter a hell of a hard time. In the past I have been a busboy, a waiter, and a bartender. I have worked in nearly all construction trades including carpentry, brick laying, electrical, weilding, and plumbing. Once I had a job where I climbed tree's for a living. I fought Mixed Martial Arts when they still called it No Holds Barred, I have sold cars and was an editorial cartoonist. I am a failed actor, to lazy to try very hard, and lived with outlaw bikers in Northern California. I served as a medic in the army,and studied creative writing as well as radio tv. I cook a mean breakfast and like to sit and think sometimes all day. Did I say think or drink?